Monday, October 5, 2009

The Memories will last a Lifetime.

I'm not sure how old I was, but when I was young Grandpa and I went on a motorcycle ride at the cabin. I really dont remember much of how it happened, but I remember chrashing, and we went down the wash. Grandpa hit his head on a rock or something, He only cared that I was ok. A few scrapes and bruises, but we were both ok. He was so loving though, and he didn't care that he was hurt, as long as I was ok.

Grandma and Grandpa took me to California to visit my mom, and I remember the trip being so much fun, and I remember Grandma and I listening to Juice Newton the whole drive home. I felt so special. They were really good at making me feel special, Taking me to the cabin when my parents weren't going. There are alot of cabin memories, but other memories too. Like Grandma taking me shopping for my birthday every year.

And of course the spaghetti. Grandma had the best spaghetti in the world. I could go on and on about her spaghetti. Grandpa took over the spaghetti making when grandma died. He would make me spaghetti and bring it to me every year on my birthday. I think yesterday was the first time I didn't have spaghetti coming for my birthday.

I dont know how we lucked out to have grandparents like Grandpa and Grandma Gurr, but I am a better person for having them in my life, They were always there for us, and they are missed everyday.

I couldn't have said it better myself when Bradlee said " Grandpa will be missed by alot of people, I know he loved me, and I will miss him so much."

No comments: