Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Fought Like Hell"

Bryce was diagnosed with Colorectal cancer December 16th 2010. From the time he was diagnosed to the time he passed he fought like hell to beat this awful disease. He was an inspiration to all, and he was determined to beat it. He didn't lose his battle, he simply left the pain behind to find his happy place. He waited for dad to come, and when dad arrived he simply told Bryce that he loved him, and that Bryce had never done anything to be ashamed of. Bryce turned to dad, opened his eyes, and then took his last breath. I will always remember the strength that Bryce and his wonderful wife Shannon had during this tough battle. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to be Bryce's sister. My fondest memory of my brother is one year on our Christmas break He stayed up with me everynight watching Cinderella and eating popcorn. I am sure he didn't care to watch that movie over and over again, but I wanted to watch it, and I didn't want to be alone. I will miss our daily texts. I love you Brother, and you will never be forgotten.

No comments: