Monday, January 12, 2009

Its a first for Shelly!!!!

Ok, I have no pictures because my husband didn't take any.... I have lived in Utah my whole life, and I have never been skiing. I don't like snow, I don't enjoy sledding, so I just figured skiing wouldn't be my thing. Well, my kids and my husband enjoy skiing, So I thought I would be a good wife and suck it up and go skiing for my hubby. So saturday we dropped the kids at my sisters house, and we headed to Alta for a day of beginner skiing. Ok, so I was to scared to go on the chair lift (I have a fear of heights) so we ended up on the little bunny hill that had a tow rope. Jeff was a good sport about it, I could tell he was getting frustrated with me, and was on the verge of anger, but he stuck it out with me, and didn't give up on me. Thanks Babe, I love you. Anways, aside from the pain I am now in from all that exercise, and the ski boots being horribly uncomfortable, I did have some fun, and I think my husband is going to give me a second chance..... Who knows, maybe I can be brave enough to go on the lift. My kids think I am a wimp for not going on it. But the point is I did it, I tried something new, and it wasn't so terrible..... :)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I won't go skiing. I went one time long before I got married and I sprained my ankle. On the rope pull of the bunny hill of all things. I don't like snow either, pretty to look at, but not to be in. Props to you for going! Glad you had fun. :)

L. Taggart said...

You are so BRAVE! I still have not been skiing yet either, but I do love sledding! We took all the kids a week or so ago, hilarious!!! Great fun. Glad you could be so brave, and hooray to Jeff for putting up with you, he he!

Leslie Moseley said...

Good job Shelly! Now you won't have to be left home alone while the family goes out skiing... although, that does sound nice too.

Marc Gingell said...

Haha...I was afraid of the lift, too. And I fell down so many times getting off of it. I told Marc the guy at the top was getting excited whenever he saw us on our way because he knew I would fall. Way to go Shelly!