Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Boy's Best Friend

So Bradlee did something last week at school that caused us to have to ground him. We took away his Ipod, his toys in his room, and and more. Now as a 9 year old boy you would think he would be mad about his Ipod.... or maybe you would think he would be furious that we wouldn't let him play with Friends..... or maybe the fact we took away all his toys, and his T.V..... perhaps the fact that we wouldn't let him play on the Wii or the computer would get our point across. No, none of this was the trick. I also decided that he didn't get to sleep with Maggie for a week.... Now we are getting somewhere. He was so mad that we took his dog away. He cried..... and Cried..... and cried..... "I cant sleep without Maggie, I need Maggie!" Now here is the kicker, the following morning after his 1st night of punishment I here him downstairs talking to Maggie, " Maggie I am sooooo sorry, I feel so bad, I missed you so much, I hope you can forgive me!" No, I am not making this up. Do you think Mom or Dad got an "I'm Sorry"? No such luck, but Maggie got the most heartfelt apology that I have ever heard come out of that boy. These pictures are the first night Bradlee and Maggie were reunited.
Now, just for the record Jeff and I finally did get an apology. Bradlee made us a card that said he was sorry, and that he loves us very much. I'm not gonna lie to ya, it made me get alittle teary eyed, and made me feel bad for being so mean. Lets just hope he learned his lesson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now what could a boy so inoocent do to earn a "no dog" rule?