Monday, November 21, 2011

Grandpa Paulsen

Grandpa Paulsen was such an amazing man. Everytime we would go on vacation we would stop and visit. Of course Grandpa and Grandma always tells us the same stories that I have heard one hundred times, and Jeff and I would always laugh as we were driving there, and talk about the stuff she was going to tell us. But I love it, and I wouldn't have traded the time with grandpa for anything. We went and visited in April, and grandpa comented on my car, I was in a new Ford Explorer, and Grandpa went on and on about how I finally have a good vehicle. He was a Ford man through and through! I was able to go visit him with Lydia and my dad just a few weeks ago. We wnt down to record some family history and stories as we knew he was sick and we felt it was important to document things grandpa had to say. He didn't talk much, but being there with him was wonderful. He would answer our questions when we asked, but Grandma did most of the talking. We went and had lunch in Mesquite, and just spent time with him. I will also hold that visit dear as Grandpa passed away Sunday morning. I was so grateful for the opportunity I had to go be with him one last time. I love you Grandpa!

No comments: