Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hiking the Arches

On the way home we decided to stop at Arches. Jeff has always wanted to hike to the Delicate arch..... Fye, There are 2 different trails for the arch. One is long and very difficult, and one is short and on a paved trail.... Don't take the long one if you were only prepared for the short one..... That would be a big mistake. Since we were planning on the short paved hike. Meghan and I were in bad hiking shoes. We had to relieve our feet several times. Feeling the rock on our feet was kinda cool though! I have this picture on here twice by mistake, but we are cute enough I am going to leave it. This is the whole family after we made it (finally) to the top of the delicate Arch. I will say this..... If you can take the 3 mile hike, it is definantley worth it. The view is spectacullar, and Gorgeous. You dont get this view from the paved trail.
This was in the rock, I think it looks like Dumbo's hat.

1 comment:

Michele said...

You took some really great pics! I love Moab... it is such a fun place. I am glad you guys had a great vacation.